The Welsh Black Cattle Society is a registered charity, number 244415.
The aims of the Welsh Black Cattle Society are:
- to maintain the purity of the Welsh Black cattle and promote their improvement.
- to encourage farmers to register pedigree Welsh Black cattle.
- to market cattle at society sales enabling members of established and new herds to source cattle.
- to promote the qualities, characteristics and traits of the breed at agricultural shows, farm visits, competitions and through advertising and the media.
- to produce a Herd Book to record cattle pedigrees and maintain traceability of cattle registered during the year.
The Society has an office in Caernarfon, North Wales and another on the Royal Welsh Showground in Builth Wells, Powys.
Affiliated to the main Society are breeders clubs in south and north Wales and in England. There are also thriving Welsh Black clubs and associations in Germany, New Zealand, Australia and Canada.